About MITx Online
Creating an MITx Online Account
Enrolling in Courses
- How do I enroll in a course?
- Can I take more than one course at a time?
- A course that I'm interested in has already started. Can I still enroll?
- Are there any prerequisites for my course?
- How many assignments are in a course? Are there exams?
- What are the differences between audit (free) and verified (paid) statuses?
- When is the certificate upgrade deadline? What is the latest date I can upgrade?
- Can I upgrade to the verified track and then complete graded assignments that not previously available to me?
- Can I upgrade to the certificate track after the course ends?
- What happens if I pay for a certificate, but I cannot complete the course in time?
- What happens if I pay for a certificate and then fail the course? Will a certificate be issued to me?